As part of the fulfilment of its long-term objectives, ZICA finally introduced a Processional Accountancy programme. The programme will enable a student start with the Technician level, move into the Licentiate level and finally undertake the Professional level accountancy training. It is designed in such a way that on completion the graduate should be able to carry out all accounting and financial strategic management functions and operations. The new programme has a number of features, which differentiate it from other accounting programmes. In taking this step to introduce full professional accounting, ZICA is alive to many accounting challenges.
Exemptions relating to students wishing to pursue the Accountancy Programme will be awarded by ZICA on an analysis basis: The entry syllabus will be made of twenty
Introductory level and intermediate examinations may also be taken as Computer Based.
T1: Financial Accounting
T2: Cost Accounting
T3: Business Mathematics and Statistics
T7: Information Technology and Communication.
- Five ‘O’ Level Credits which must include English Language and mathematics
- Mature Age Entry: Aged at least twenty one (21) years or: At least three years working experience in accounting related functions.
- Holders of any other qualification which may be approved by ZICA
L1: Financial Reporting
L2: Management Accounting
L3: Advanced Taxation
L5: Decision Making Techniques
L6: Corporate Financial Management
L7. Business and Company Law
L8: Management Information Systems
- Holders of NATech or Equivalent qualifications
- Holders of other qualifications as determined by ZICA
P1: Advanced Financial Accounting and Reporting
P2: Advanced Management Accounting
P3: Strategic Financial Management
P4: Advanced Audit and Assurance Services
P5: Strategic Management
Licentiate Level Qualification or Equivalent
Accounting Degree or Equivalent qualification from a recognized institution
Penultimate Level of a professional accountancy body recognized by ZICA
Any other qualification as may be approved by ZICA
The minimum time required to complete each level for a student without any exemption is 12 months or two (2) examination sessions. Therefore cumulatively the minimum time required to complete the whole programme is three (3) years.
Commencement of classes: second week of January and July each year.
Closing dates for registering with ZICA.
- For December exams- 31 August
- For June exams- 31 March
Closing dates for examination fees payment
- For December exams 30 September
- For June exams 30 April
- Qualified and dedicated team of lecturers
- State-of-the art networked computer laboratories
- Free internet access with prior booking
- Most recently updated course materials
- Continuous quality control assessment tests
- Excellent teaching facilities
- Availability of study rooms in the evenings and at weekends for private study
- Campus and off