Today’s employers are increasingly seeking graduates with a sound understanding of business background combined with the ability to develop and manage business computing systems.
The Bachelor of Business Mathematics and Computing program is designed to provide students with the necessary analytical, business and computing skills as well as knowledge to effectively develop and manage high quality business computing and information systems in organizations. This programme is also designed to meet the growing needs of the industry for a new category of Information Technology professionals.
The aim of the Bachelor of Business Mathematics and Computing programme is to equip candidates with a comprehensive understanding of mathematical methods and techniques, and ability to apply them to real-life problems. Further, to develop student’ problem solving and analytical skills and to provide experience of practical applications of mathematics including mathematical modelling in various real life contexts.
To qualify for admission to the Bachelor of Science in Business Mathematics and Computing (BBM) Degree Programme an applicant must have a minimum of five credits at O’ level or a holder of Grade 12 certificate including English and Mathematics and must satisfy the entrance requirements of the Bachelor of Science Business Mathematics and Computing (BBM) programme which are:
- Holder of a Grade 12 Certificate
- Holder of any other relevant advanced diploma in mathematics, ICT or related field
- Holder of any relevant 3 year diploma in any mathematics, ICT or related area from a reputable college or university
- Three ‘A’ level passes including Mathematics or equivalent
- People with relevant security and crime experience supported by appropriate CV and reference(s) may be admitted on mature-age basis subject to approval by an admissions panel.
DURATION OF STUDY
The programme runs for four years on full time, part time and distance education and not more than five academic years in case of any eventualities or unforeseen circumstances.