As the Zambian economy continues growing, the demand for qualified business administrators who have fundamental understanding of business concepts and practices and an appreciation of the role of business in society is also on the increase. The collaboration between UNZA and ZCAS presents an opportunity to produce a product that will help to raise the standard of business administration in the country and the region.
The aim of the BBA degree programme is to provide students with the opportunity to develop the analytical and high-level business skills required to deal effectively with rapid technological, organisational and environmental change in a modern business setting. The programme develops a conceptual, systematic and mature approach to the identification, analysis and solution of problems in business/commercial/service organisations. The programme further equips students with the knowledge and critical understanding of the interrelationships between the different functions within business management.
Each year of study will be divided into two semesters and full-time students are expected to take four courses in each semester while evening students are expected to take three courses and part-time students up to three courses. Except for Research Methods and Dissertation courses in the final year, the rest of the courses are structured in such a way that semester one courses are not a pre-requisite of semester two courses in each academic year. The course structure is as outlined below.Read More
- Business Communication
- Introduction to Economics
- Cost Accounting
- Principles of Accounting
- Introduction to Law
- Introduction to Quantitative Methods
- Introduction to Management
- Principles of Marketing
- Financial Accounting
- Marketing Management
- Business Information Systems
- Human Resource Management &
- Development Cost and Management Accounting
- Business and Corporate
- Law Managerial Economics
- E-Business Management
- Financial Management
- Project Management
- Management Accounting
- Financial Reporting
- Managing strategic risk
- International Business Management
- Organisational Management
- Leadership and Organisational Behavior
- Public Finance
- Strategic Management
- Research Methods
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Corporate Finance
- Financial Modelling and Forecasting
To qualify for admission to the BBA degree programme an applicant must have any of the following:
- Five credits at ‘O’ Level including English and Mathematics.
- Any relevant three year business studies/administration diploma from a reputable college or university.
- Three ‘A’ level passes including English.
- Any degree from a recognised institution.
Mode of Delivery
Mode of Study: Full time, Part time and Distance Education
Intakes: Starting in February and August
Teaching and learning methods: Lectures and tutorials, Practical classes, Group work, Discussions, Projects and Case Studies
For further information, Please Contact Us.