The University of Zambia in association with ZCAS is pleased to introduce the Bachelor of Accounting with Education (BAccEd) programme. By the end of the programme students should be able to:
- Demonstrate a thorough grounding in the fundamental theories, concepts, principles and practices of accountancy.
- Demonstrate the critical abilities of analysis, interpretation, evaluation and judgment as applied to financial reporting, financial management, auditing, management accounting and taxation.
- Collect and analyze data to help in solving challenges faced by organizations.
- Plan and teach accounting and commerce in secondary schools and colleges.
- Cost Accounting
- Communication Skills
- Foundation Mathematics for Teachers
- Introduction to Economics
- Introduction to Quantitative Methods
- Principles and Practice of Education
- Ethics in Education
- Fundamentals of Accounting Principles
- Financial Accounting
- Business Information Systems
- Accounting Teaching Methods I
- Business and Corporate Law
- Cost and Management Accounting
- Educational Psychology
- Sociology of Education
- Financial Reporting
- Financial Management
- Advanced Taxation
- Management Accounting
- Corporate Governance & Ethics
- Audit and Internal Control
- Organisational Management
- Accounting Teaching Methods II
- School Experience Attachment
- Corporate Reporting
- Audit and Assurance
- Educational Research
- Curriculum Theory and Practice
- Corporate Finance
- Accounting Teaching Methods III
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
MODE OF DELIVERY
Mode of Study: Full time, Part time and Distance Education
Intakes: Starting in January and July
Teaching and learning methods: Lectures and tutorials, Practical classes, Group work and discussions and Projects and case studies
- Five O level passes including English and Mathematics.
- First year of Bachelor of Science with Education or BEDMAS.
- Diploma in Secondary Education Science and Mathematics.
- Professional Qualification.
- Any relevant three year accountancy diploma from a reputable college or university.
- At least three ‘A’ level passes including Mathematics or equivalent.
- Any degree from a recognised institution
For further information, Please Contact Us.