The demand for persons and groups of people who are prepared to exploit business opportunities from the ever changing business environment through creation of new ventures or expansion of existing business enterprises has made it necessary to introduce the BBE degree programme. The level of unemployment in Zambia is high; and many school leavers and college/university graduates struggle to find employment upon graduation. Many businesses, especially SMEs, either close down or fail to grow into large business enterprises. In order to address these challenges, there is need to train people in entrepreneurial skills and in how to effectively manage small businesses.
The aim of this programme is to equip students with knowledge and skills in business start-ups, business growth and development, managing opportunities, entrepreneurial marketing and strategy.
Each year of study will be divided into two semesters and full-time students are expected to take four courses in each semester while evening students are expected to take three courses and part-time students up to three courses. Except for Research Methods and Dissertation courses in the final year, the rest of the courses are structured in such a way that semester one courses are not a pre-requisite of semester two courses in each academic year. The course structure is as outlined below;Read More
- Introduction to Economics
- Fundamentals of Entrepreneurship
- Principles of Accounting
- Business Communication
- Cost Accounting
- Introduction to Quantitative
- Methods Introduction to Management
- Principles of Marketing
- E-business Management
- Entrepreneurship and Development
- Financial Accounting
- Business Information Systems
- Marketing Management
- Business and Corporate Law
- Cost and Management Accounting
- Small Business Development
- Managerial Economics
- Managing Strategic Risk
- Financial and Capital Markets
- Organisational Management
- Financial Management
- Project Management
- Advanced Management Accounting
- Global Enterprises and Innovation
- Corporate Entrepreneurship
- Supply Chain Management
- Strategic Management
- Financial Modelling and Forecasting
- Public Finance
- Research Methods
To qualify for admission to the BBE degree programme, an applicant must have any of the following:
- Five credits at ‘O’ Level including English and Mathematics.
- Any relevant three year business studies/administration diploma from a reputable college or university.
- Three ‘A’ level passes including English.
- Any degree from a recognised institution.
Mode of Delivery
Mode of Study: Full time, Part time and Distance Education
Intakes: Starting in February and August
Teaching and learning methods: Lectures and tutorials, Practical classes, Group work, Discussions, Projects and Case Studies
For further information, Please Contact Us.