The Bachelor of Science in Computer Network Engineering (BNE) programme is designed to meet the growing demand for Information and Communications Technology (ICT) knowledge among the people in Zambia, both in the private and the public sectors. It is aimed at grooming young innovative professionals in the development and use of ICTs in the country.
The aim of this programme is to equip candidates with knowledge and skills in the use of ICTs in various sectors of the country in order to create innovation among holders of the degree with a view to facilitating economic development.
To qualify for admission to the Bachelor of Science in Computer Network Engineering Degree Programme an applicant must have a minimum of five credits at O’ level or a holder of Grade 12 certificate including English and Mathematics and must satisfy the entrance requirements of the Bachelor of Science in Information Technology programme which are:
- Holder of a Grade 12 Certificate
- Holder of any other relevant advanced diploma in ICT or related field
- Holder of any relevant 3 year diploma in any ICT or related area from a reputable college or university
- Three ‘A’ level passes including Mathematics or equivalent
- Holder of relevant ICT experience supported by appropriate CV and reference(s) may be admitted on mature-age basis subject to approval by an admissions panel.