A ZCAS-U DBA student shall be required to complete a total of EIGHT COURSES and submit a successful DOCTORAL THESIS in order to be awarded the ZCAS-U DBA degree. The eight courses will be undertaken as depicted below during the stated four semesters.
- – In Year 1 Semester 1, a student shall be registered for TWO courses only – that is the DBA131 being a core/compulsory course and hence must be taken by all students AND for the second course, a student must choose and register for ONLY ONE of the following two courses:
|1. DBA111||Paradigms of Leadership|
|2. DBA121||Managing Business Growth|
- – In Year 1 Semester 2, a student shall also be registered for TWO courses only – that is the DBA132 being a core/compulsory course and hence must be taken by all students AND for the second course, a student must choose and register for ONLY ONE of the following two courses:
|1. DBA112||Managing Global Brands|
|2. DBA122||Public Sector Management|
- – In Year 2 Semester 1, a student shall be registered for ANY TWO courses only out of the three courses indicated below.
|1. DBA211||Global Finance|
|2. DBA221||Managing Radical Change|
|3. DBA231||Entrepreneurship and Social Innovations|
- – In Year 2 Semester 2, a student shall also be registered for ANY TWO courses only out of the three courses indicated below.
|1. DBA212||Human Capital Investment|
|2. DBA222||Supply Chains and Networks|
|3. DBA232||Emerging Issues in Quality Management|
Consequently, this DBA programme primarily consists of 12 courses of which two are core/compulsory courses which all students shall be mandated to study. There are ten elective courses. Of these ten elective courses, students shall be granted the flexibility to constitute their own combination or set of six courses based on factors such as personal preferences, desired core competence areas of specializations or concentrations, personal career development objectives or other categories of individual influences and considerations.
In order to meet the academic requirements for the award of the ZCAS-U DBA degree, a candidate shall fulfil all of the following elements:
- Complete the core/compulsory Research Methodology & Design component comprising two courses, namely the DBA131 and DBA132. II. Complete a total of Any Six electives (as determined and chosen by the student) out of the provided ten elective courses.
III. Submit a successful doctoral thesis with a word limit of 65,000 words (+/- 10%, that is an approved/authorized effective word limit range of 58,500 – 71,500 words) and positively accomplish the DBA defence stage.
|Year & semester||Mutually exclusive Valid course combinations|
|Year 1 Semester 1||Either dba131 & dba111 or dba131 & dba121|
|Year 1 Semester 2||Either dba132 & dba112 or dba132 & dba122|
|Year 2 Semester 1||Either dba211 & dba221 or dba221 & dba231 or dba231& dba211|
|Year 2 Semester 2||Either dba212 & dba222 or dba222 & dba232 or dba212& dba232|
|Year 3||Register the student for dba310, dba320 & dba330|
Student Affairs and Accounting/Finance Sections are advocated to enforce or implement this course combination framework when registering/enrolling/billing the DBA students.